As I play with clay I work intuitively, leading me to develop new ideas, excited by the challenge of the journey into the unknown. I am greatly inspired by my physical work influencing my figurative forms and my other passion which is a deep relationship with animals and the natural environment.
My sculptures are hand built using various techniques complementing the textural qualities in clay. They will be enhanced further by the chosen finish of glaze, resin or bronze.
Here are some examples of Jilly’s recent work:
Dog portrait collection
Ceramic shell collection
Jilly has exhibitions each May and November in her London studio as part of Wimbledon Art Studios’ Open Studios as well as occassional special exhibitions.
- Animal Art Fair, South Bank, London
- RHS Garden’s Wisley, Surrey
- The Sculpture Garden, Birtley House, Bramley, Guildford
- Leander Club, Private Members, Henley-on-Thames
- M1 Fine Art Gallery, Greenwich, London
- Society of Wildlife Artist’s, Mall Galleries, London
For details about exhibition dates, current available works or to discuss a commission, please contact Jilly.